First, plan this for while on vacation, because really, what's "cooler" than eating ice cream on one of your vacation eves out of a bowl made from chocolate?!
Second, bring along your ingredients:
chocolate chips (which you bypass using in the pancakes that morning because you aren't sure how much you'll need for this pin)
Third, blow up your balloons... OH. MY. WORD. are water balloons hard to blow up or what?! My face STILL hurts! :( But, I did it. I even blew up a few extra in case we had extra chocolate.
Fourth, melt your chocolate... done, no problems there.
Fifth, let your chocolate cool. Done.
Now, the easy part, dip the bottom portion in the chocolate and place on the foil to harden.
Balloon after balloon. Even letting the chocolate cool even more.
And when I tried to finally click through the pin to the actual post to read if they had any tips... it doesn't click through. :(
Finally, I GAVE UP and made some designs with the chocolate to have on top of our ice cream later. SO BUMMED! If you try this and succeed... PLEASE let me know your secret!
a few tips, as I watch Food Network all the time... :)
- you have to use baking chocolate instead of chocolate chips - choc chips arent made to melt (thats why they keep their shape in cookies) so it takes a higher temp to get them to where they melt which is not good for balloons
- water balloons are made super thin b/c they are made to burst so any change in pressure (ie the heat) will make them burst, you have to use regular balloons, they should be able to stand up to it (also as mentioned above, if you use cooking chocolate, the chocolate wont be so hot)
- also it would probably help to add a little shortening or cooking wax (sounds weird, I know) to the chocolate, it acts as a stabilizer and will help the chocolate hold its shape once its cooled
Hope that was helpful... Im enjoying all your trip posts!
- ► 2015 (35)
- ► 2014 (23)
- ► 2013 (72)
- Day 9 Niagara Falls
- Day 27: 31 Days of Pinterest: Mini Apple Pies
- Day 8 Niagara Falls
- Day 26: 31 Days of Pinterest: Baked Oatmeal
- Day 7 Niagara Falls
- Day 25: 31 Days of Pinterest: Marshmallow Shooters...
- So Cute!
- Day 24: 31 Days of Pinterest: Glowing Bubbles
- Day 6 Niagara Falls
- Adoption Headlines
- Day 23: 31 Days of Pinterest: Chocolate Ice Cream ...
- Day 5 Niagara Falls
- Day 4 Niagara Falls
- Day 22: 31 Days of Pinterest: Cloud Dough
- Day 3 Niagara Falls
- More Day 2 Pics
- Day 21: 31 Days of Pinterest: Pink Lemonade Cake
- Sunday Snapshot: Spinning
- Day 2 Niagara Falls
- Day 20: 31 Days of Pinterest: Baking Soda Fun
- Vacation Time
- Day 19: 31 Days of Pinterest: Exploding Soap
- Day 18: 31 Days of Pinterest: Pretzel Rolls
- Day 17: 31 Days of Pinterest: Popcorn Cake
- Day 16: 31 Days of Pinterest: Hawaiian Roll Sandwi...
- Day 15: 31 Days of Pinterest: Crock Pot Lasagna
- Day 14: Butterbeer and Birthday Cake
- Vacations on a Budget Part 2: Getting There and Ba...
- My Birthday Gifts
- Day 13: 31 Days of Pinterest: Strawberry Pretzel S...
- Day 12: 31 Days of Pinterest: Sensory Bag
- Vacations on a Budget: Part 1
- Day 11: 31 Days of Pinterest: Diet Soda Brownies
- Day 10: 31 Days of Pinterest: Scrapbook Owl
- Day 9: 31 Days of Pinterest: Summer Salad
- Day 8: 31 Days of Pinterest: Smores Pops
- Day 7: 31 Days of Pinterest: Crock Pot Chicken
- A First
- Day 6: 31 Days of Pinterest: Rock Candy
- FREE Day
- Day 5: 31 Days of Pinterest: Chocolate Strawberry ...
- Day 4: 31 Days of Pinterest: Sidewalk Chalk Paint
- Summer Oasis
- Day 3: 31 Days of Pinterest: Pulled Pork
- Day 2: 31 Days of Pinterest: Summer Journals
- 31 Days of Pinterest: Day One: Chore Chart
- Factual Friday
- ▼ June (49)
- ► 2011 (183)
- ► 2010 (304)
- ► 2009 (167)
- ► 2008 (323)
- ► 2007 (177)
What you should know about HIV
Other Awesome Blogs
• 50 million orphans in Africa
• Every 14 seconds a child is orphaned by AIDS
• 16,000,000 have been orphaned by AIDS
• Every week, AIDS claims as many lives as American fatalities in the Vietnam War
• 854 million people do not have enough to eat
• Malnutrition is associated with the deaths of 5 million children under the age of five
• Every 2 seconds an orphan dies from malnutrition
Hence the title of my blog
Little did I know that the road would be so rocky
Little did I know that the trip would take so long
Little did I know that my heart could hurt so much
Little did I know that God is never wrong
Little did I know that love could be so powerful
Little did I know that a dream so far could go
Little did I know that God would place the right ones
Little did I know that my heart, so large, could grow
Little did I know that a dream has it’s own timing
Little did I know that this day would finally come
Little did I know that four souls would be sent to guide me
Little did I know that they would choose to call me mom
But God knew all along and He had a plan to follow
God knew all along that my dream would soon come true
God knew all along that we five should be together
God knew all along that I’d share it all with you