Thursday, May 20, 2010

Blessings and Roadblocks

We’ve had numerous blessings lately and it’s amazing and wonderful to see God’s hand at work in our lives in such a tangible way.

So far for our hosting of Davids this summer, we’ve raised $660! I think that’s a huge blessing!!! I know that God has a plan for him and for us in this program and experiences. It’s been wonderful to see how many people have just become aware of this type of program so far through our fund raising. In addition, Braeden’s teacher is giving us a couple bags of clothes for him, which her son recently grew out of. We are so excited to meet him at the end of June!

While we have shared with people about our quest to adopt internationally, we’ve been met with so many positive responses and inquiries. A co-worker, actually I guess you’d say my boss, is GIVING us, GIVING I say!, her solid oak crib and changing table. What a HUGE BLESSING! We recently sold our crib a few months ago in anticipation of the possible move we were thinking could be happening.

I’ve also met some more amazing people through this journey! Fellow bloggers, facebookers, and adoptive parents. I love connecting with people who “get it.”

But, we’ve also had what have felt like road blocks too, and I know in my head it’s all a part of Satan trying to discourage and delay our journey, but in my heart it’s hard not to be saddened at times.

I’ve been trying to find a good, quick, and yes, inexpensive homestudy agency to do my international homestudy. In my research of area agencies I found many who will work right up to our county, but not in our county. I was told one through my foster care agency would be $500, to find out my licensing rep was wrong (not intentionally but still) and it would actually be $2500. Quite a difference! They will do one though. I found two others, one of which told me it would be $2500 but would take 4-5 MONTHS! For the homestudy!? That seems crazy to me!

I finally contacted a local friend I had met through our blogs who has adopted from ET and asked who they used. She referred me to an agency she thought was superb, was $1900, and did a quick job, and whom I hadn’t even found during my research into agencies, I thought it was God’s leading!!! I called and spoke with the worker, who was wonderful. So so so nice! But, she told me they only work with families working with an agency. I explained it was an organization, etc and she looked up the site as I was talking to her. She said she would call them and talk to them about it to see if they could still help me, and then would call right back. She really did call right back! ☺ BUT, hadn’t been able to get a hold of anyone at the organization I was leaning toward. She said she’d email them and hopefully hear back and would call me back the next day. I’d really like to work with her as she seems so responsive and helpful, but maybe it’s not meant to be.

So, that’s life in a nutshell right now. How are things on your end???


And a few gratuitous kid pics! :) We built a memorial garden at my school recently and the kids all helped to plant and prepare, they loved it!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Let's Connect!

Search This Blog

Followers

About Me

I am a single mom to four amazing kids; each of whom just happen to have been adopted. The first three were adopted through foster care, and we just completed an international adoption from Haiti. Our family has grown through adoption and I am all the more blessed to know each of my children. I worship a mighty God, teach Special Ed, love bargains, and am inspired by Pinterest... come along with us for the ride!


Olivia - 14

Olivia - 14

Braeden - 11

Braeden - 11

Liam - 9

Liam - 9

Macy - 5

Macy - 5

Check out my Teachers Pay Teachers store!

Blog Archive

What you should know about HIV

-HIV can NOT be spread through casual/household contact. HIV is not spread through hugging, kissing, shaking hands, sharing toys, sneezing, coughing, sharing food, sharing drinks, bathing, swimming or any other casual way. It has been proven that HIV and AIDS can only be spread through sexual contact, birth, breastfeeding and blood to blood contact (such as sharing needles). - HIV is now considered a chronic but manageable disease. With treatment, people who are HIV+ can live indefinitely without developing AIDS and can live long and full lives. - People who are HIV+ deserve to be treated with love, respect, support and acceptance as all people do. Additional information on transmission of HIV can be found on the Center for Disease Control website: http://www.cdc.gov/hiv/resources

Other Awesome Blogs

Orphan Crisis

• 147 million orphans in the world
• 50 million orphans in Africa 
• Every 14 seconds a child is orphaned by AIDS
• 16,000,000 have been orphaned by AIDS
• Every week, AIDS claims as many lives as American fatalities in the Vietnam War
• 854 million people do not have enough to eat
• Malnutrition is associated with the deaths of 5 million children under the age of five
• Every 2 seconds an orphan dies from malnutrition


Hence the title of my blog

Little Did I Know

Little did I know that the road would be so rocky
Little did I know that the trip would take so long
Little did I know that my heart could hurt so much
Little did I know that God is never wrong

Little did I know that love could be so powerful
Little did I know that a dream so far could go
Little did I know that God would place the right ones
Little did I know that my heart, so large, could grow

Little did I know that a dream has it’s own timing
Little did I know that this day would finally come
Little did I know that four souls would be sent to guide me
Little did I know that they would choose to call me mom

But God knew all along and He had a plan to follow
God knew all along that my dream would soon come true
God knew all along that we five should be together
God knew all along that I’d share it all with you