Saturday, May 29, 2010

Organization

I'm organized. Almost to a fault at times, but that is the biggest reason I am able to be a single mom to three... hopefully soon to be four! :) One area I've worked on recently was the kids' school papers.

I hate throwing these things away! :) What is it about a silly Spelling test with a 100% written at the top that I will want to look at years down the road? BUT it's my daughter's, my mind rages! How can you THROW it away!? :)

What I've been doing is putting ones I think are save-worthy on a shelf in the kitchen above our refrigerator. Then at the close of the school year I go through them, ditch some more, and have still a pretty good stack of "savers."

BUT, I still didn't have a good system for WHERE or HOW to keep them. Not long ago a friend and I had a girls day out. It was a day off school and I had Braeden and Olivia go to our local park district school program... don't be too sad for them, they practically beg me to go there on some days, it's loads of fun! :) My friend and I went to The Container Store as she had some looking to do there. And I found IT - the perfect organizer for school papers!!!

I purchased this clear plastic container and see through plastic envelopes with a string closure that expand up to one inch.  They are SO PERFECT!  The envelopes are larger than a piece of paper, so those odd sized art projects fit beautifully!  And they really do hold a lot!  As you can see I bought a bunch, and I'm going to pick up some more next time I'm by one.  I figure I found it, may as well be prepared to use it through the years and not run out of envelopes without finding them again! :)  (It was also very inexpensive!!!)  And gotta say, the Dymo label maker I bought a few years ago, still use that thing, and love it too!!! :)



2 comments:

:)De said...

I have an all-in-one printer, scanner, copier and I just starting scanning their papers and then save to a hard drive cause I can really get into saving every scrap of paper that they put their cute little penmanship to if I am not careful. LOL!

Lisa said...

I know the feeling! :) Great way to save it!!! Love that idea!

Post a Comment

Let's Connect!

Search This Blog

Followers

About Me

I am a single mom to four amazing kids; each of whom just happen to have been adopted. The first three were adopted through foster care, and we just completed an international adoption from Haiti. Our family has grown through adoption and I am all the more blessed to know each of my children. I worship a mighty God, teach Special Ed, love bargains, and am inspired by Pinterest... come along with us for the ride!


Olivia - 14

Olivia - 14

Braeden - 11

Braeden - 11

Liam - 9

Liam - 9

Macy - 5

Macy - 5

Check out my Teachers Pay Teachers store!

Blog Archive

What you should know about HIV

-HIV can NOT be spread through casual/household contact. HIV is not spread through hugging, kissing, shaking hands, sharing toys, sneezing, coughing, sharing food, sharing drinks, bathing, swimming or any other casual way. It has been proven that HIV and AIDS can only be spread through sexual contact, birth, breastfeeding and blood to blood contact (such as sharing needles). - HIV is now considered a chronic but manageable disease. With treatment, people who are HIV+ can live indefinitely without developing AIDS and can live long and full lives. - People who are HIV+ deserve to be treated with love, respect, support and acceptance as all people do. Additional information on transmission of HIV can be found on the Center for Disease Control website: http://www.cdc.gov/hiv/resources

Other Awesome Blogs

Orphan Crisis

• 147 million orphans in the world
• 50 million orphans in Africa 
• Every 14 seconds a child is orphaned by AIDS
• 16,000,000 have been orphaned by AIDS
• Every week, AIDS claims as many lives as American fatalities in the Vietnam War
• 854 million people do not have enough to eat
• Malnutrition is associated with the deaths of 5 million children under the age of five
• Every 2 seconds an orphan dies from malnutrition


Hence the title of my blog

Little Did I Know

Little did I know that the road would be so rocky
Little did I know that the trip would take so long
Little did I know that my heart could hurt so much
Little did I know that God is never wrong

Little did I know that love could be so powerful
Little did I know that a dream so far could go
Little did I know that God would place the right ones
Little did I know that my heart, so large, could grow

Little did I know that a dream has it’s own timing
Little did I know that this day would finally come
Little did I know that four souls would be sent to guide me
Little did I know that they would choose to call me mom

But God knew all along and He had a plan to follow
God knew all along that my dream would soon come true
God knew all along that we five should be together
God knew all along that I’d share it all with you