Thursday, July 24, 2008

Court Tuesday

My friend J, who has the 2 year old foster daughter "E", is going to court on Tuesday. It's a continued hearing from E's last one where she was to go home and didn't. That one was July 2. She is the one with the two brothers still at home whom the agency wants out of the home to place with me. Anyway, hopefully you followed that.

I talked to the caseworker today to see if she had heard anything. Since court July 2 the bios have not done one visit with E, nor anything else that I know of. We're pretty sure they don't want to show themselves and have the boys taken. But if what is going on is right, then they should not be in that home!!

She was preparing the court report and adding in all that has and has not happened since court on the 2nd. Today they were to have a visit and didn't show and she said that that was just the tip of the iceberg. She is hoping that the judge will agree with them that the boys need to be taken into protective custody and placed in care and that it will happen that day. So we'll see what happens.

A friend of J's works for our local DCFS office. I guess a bunch of workers from that office up and quit and they are doing everything to not pull any more kids at all because they don't have the manpower to stay on top of things right now. Crazy, but if kids are in danger in the environment they're in, then manpower or not, something needs to be done to help them. I just don't get it. Never have, never will.

1 comments:

Brandi said...

aaagh. . .doesn't that drive you BATTY?!!!

Praying,
Bran

Post a Comment

Let's Connect!

Search This Blog

Followers

About Me

I am a single mom to four amazing kids; each of whom just happen to have been adopted. The first three were adopted through foster care, and we just completed an international adoption from Haiti. Our family has grown through adoption and I am all the more blessed to know each of my children. I worship a mighty God, teach Special Ed, love bargains, and am inspired by Pinterest... come along with us for the ride!


Olivia - 14

Olivia - 14

Braeden - 11

Braeden - 11

Liam - 9

Liam - 9

Macy - 5

Macy - 5

Check out my Teachers Pay Teachers store!

Blog Archive

What you should know about HIV

-HIV can NOT be spread through casual/household contact. HIV is not spread through hugging, kissing, shaking hands, sharing toys, sneezing, coughing, sharing food, sharing drinks, bathing, swimming or any other casual way. It has been proven that HIV and AIDS can only be spread through sexual contact, birth, breastfeeding and blood to blood contact (such as sharing needles). - HIV is now considered a chronic but manageable disease. With treatment, people who are HIV+ can live indefinitely without developing AIDS and can live long and full lives. - People who are HIV+ deserve to be treated with love, respect, support and acceptance as all people do. Additional information on transmission of HIV can be found on the Center for Disease Control website: http://www.cdc.gov/hiv/resources

Other Awesome Blogs

Orphan Crisis

• 147 million orphans in the world
• 50 million orphans in Africa 
• Every 14 seconds a child is orphaned by AIDS
• 16,000,000 have been orphaned by AIDS
• Every week, AIDS claims as many lives as American fatalities in the Vietnam War
• 854 million people do not have enough to eat
• Malnutrition is associated with the deaths of 5 million children under the age of five
• Every 2 seconds an orphan dies from malnutrition


Hence the title of my blog

Little Did I Know

Little did I know that the road would be so rocky
Little did I know that the trip would take so long
Little did I know that my heart could hurt so much
Little did I know that God is never wrong

Little did I know that love could be so powerful
Little did I know that a dream so far could go
Little did I know that God would place the right ones
Little did I know that my heart, so large, could grow

Little did I know that a dream has it’s own timing
Little did I know that this day would finally come
Little did I know that four souls would be sent to guide me
Little did I know that they would choose to call me mom

But God knew all along and He had a plan to follow
God knew all along that my dream would soon come true
God knew all along that we five should be together
God knew all along that I’d share it all with you