Monday, July 07, 2008

Bathroom - Solved

If you remember, right before we left for FL our bathtub drain was leaking into the basement. We waited until returning to see about getting it fixed. I had envisioned having to rip out the tub, finding black mold, having to call Extreme Home Makeover, you know... I let my imagination run wild.

Upon arriving back in town, I called a handy man who is wonderful. A retired contractor, really nice guy, etc. He was in the hospital having just been diagnosed with diabetes! I told his wife I'd be thinking about him and figured I would call someone else, but she said he will be back to work and she would have him call me. He did, and said no problem, but would like a few days before he came. I said of course! So he came last week and tightened up the drain - for only $35! He said that the people who put it in (the people I bought my house from who redid the bath and kitchen themselves) put it in wrong. He thought that would "fix" it, but that if it leaked again I could call and he would know what to get and would put in a new drain.

We got through a bath and a shower and it began leaking again. He came today for the second time and completely redid the drain without having to buy anything. He charged me $20!!! I said, so if it starts leaking again, just call right? :) He said, no it won't leak, I got it fixed up for you. If it does, I'll come back at no charge. He is a saint!!! :) Olivia showered tonight with no problems. I had set aside my stimulus money (which I did get gypped by $300, but whatever:) ) for the bath. So nice to know I can put it toward debt to pay it off even quicker.

PS, the people who did my house before I bought it, also put in the bathroom tile wrong. The grout has been slowly but surely cracking around the tiles and some you can feel kind of wobble. He said it's because they didn't do the right underlayment. I will have to get that all redone sometime, but he does ceramic! Yay me!

1 comments:

Julie said...

YIPPEE!!! That is just so good of God to work that out for you!!!

Post a Comment

Let's Connect!

Search This Blog

Followers

About Me

I am a single mom to four amazing kids; each of whom just happen to have been adopted. The first three were adopted through foster care, and we just completed an international adoption from Haiti. Our family has grown through adoption and I am all the more blessed to know each of my children. I worship a mighty God, teach Special Ed, love bargains, and am inspired by Pinterest... come along with us for the ride!


Olivia - 14

Olivia - 14

Braeden - 11

Braeden - 11

Liam - 9

Liam - 9

Macy - 5

Macy - 5

Check out my Teachers Pay Teachers store!

Blog Archive

What you should know about HIV

-HIV can NOT be spread through casual/household contact. HIV is not spread through hugging, kissing, shaking hands, sharing toys, sneezing, coughing, sharing food, sharing drinks, bathing, swimming or any other casual way. It has been proven that HIV and AIDS can only be spread through sexual contact, birth, breastfeeding and blood to blood contact (such as sharing needles). - HIV is now considered a chronic but manageable disease. With treatment, people who are HIV+ can live indefinitely without developing AIDS and can live long and full lives. - People who are HIV+ deserve to be treated with love, respect, support and acceptance as all people do. Additional information on transmission of HIV can be found on the Center for Disease Control website: http://www.cdc.gov/hiv/resources

Other Awesome Blogs

Orphan Crisis

• 147 million orphans in the world
• 50 million orphans in Africa 
• Every 14 seconds a child is orphaned by AIDS
• 16,000,000 have been orphaned by AIDS
• Every week, AIDS claims as many lives as American fatalities in the Vietnam War
• 854 million people do not have enough to eat
• Malnutrition is associated with the deaths of 5 million children under the age of five
• Every 2 seconds an orphan dies from malnutrition


Hence the title of my blog

Little Did I Know

Little did I know that the road would be so rocky
Little did I know that the trip would take so long
Little did I know that my heart could hurt so much
Little did I know that God is never wrong

Little did I know that love could be so powerful
Little did I know that a dream so far could go
Little did I know that God would place the right ones
Little did I know that my heart, so large, could grow

Little did I know that a dream has it’s own timing
Little did I know that this day would finally come
Little did I know that four souls would be sent to guide me
Little did I know that they would choose to call me mom

But God knew all along and He had a plan to follow
God knew all along that my dream would soon come true
God knew all along that we five should be together
God knew all along that I’d share it all with you