Friday, February 15, 2008

Information I Shouldn't Have... Again

I had our monthly home visit tonight with our new caseworker. She seems really nice and to be trying hard to figure things out. It's a lot to find out as you go as communication is not always the best. I talked with her for a while tonight about my concerns for and with Girlie. I had Braeden and Olivia go play somewhere else, it's just information they don't need to worry about. I shared a lot that is on my mind with long term as knowing some of the family history and all that's going on lately, she could easily not be going home. I talked about my concern of RAD and that I am unsure if she is meant to be a forever part of our family, but that I would like to be a stable placement as long as I can. Even if that means until termination and we can transition to a good adoptive family. My other concern is that if mom is indeed pregnant, I don't know if I can take a newborn if I decide Girlie is not to live with us forever. A newborn means my mom coming to help for the 6-7 weeks until they could start day care, up at night while working during the day. Etc. All of which I've done, did with Braeden, and would be happy to do again, IF it was a situation where they probably weren't going home. But if I took it on knowing they weren't going to stay, I think it's too much. If that makes sense. It's just really a lot to think and pray about. What is best for Girlie in the long run? I hope to touch base with the agency therapist this week. She doesn't start to see kids until age 3 but I'm hoping she can talk with me and sort some of this out. There is just no way to know for sure, which I do understand. It's a leap of faith, but I don't want to regret it for any of us 6-10 years down the road.

Anyway, to the info I shouldn't have, the cw went on to tell me that she shouldn't tell me but would, that they were looking at trying to expedite termination in her case. Also, IF mom is pregnant, which she doesn't seem to believe, and mom has the baby in IL, then supposedly the baby will most likely be taken immediately and they will try to expedite termination on the baby as well. Now, what that exactly means I'm still figuring out. I'm going to talk to some people this weekend hopefully. I don't know how quick an expedited termination could take??? So, may have less time to think than I originally thought, but maybe that's good???

1 comments:

Julie said...

WOW- I just wonder what this all means - what is God trying to say in all this to you? for Girlie? what is His plan? I am just confused. I am sure you are too!!! Hang in - keep praying! He will let you know.

Post a Comment

Let's Connect!

Search This Blog

Followers

About Me

I am a single mom to four amazing kids; each of whom just happen to have been adopted. The first three were adopted through foster care, and we just completed an international adoption from Haiti. Our family has grown through adoption and I am all the more blessed to know each of my children. I worship a mighty God, teach Special Ed, love bargains, and am inspired by Pinterest... come along with us for the ride!


Olivia - 14

Olivia - 14

Braeden - 11

Braeden - 11

Liam - 9

Liam - 9

Macy - 5

Macy - 5

Check out my Teachers Pay Teachers store!

Blog Archive

What you should know about HIV

-HIV can NOT be spread through casual/household contact. HIV is not spread through hugging, kissing, shaking hands, sharing toys, sneezing, coughing, sharing food, sharing drinks, bathing, swimming or any other casual way. It has been proven that HIV and AIDS can only be spread through sexual contact, birth, breastfeeding and blood to blood contact (such as sharing needles). - HIV is now considered a chronic but manageable disease. With treatment, people who are HIV+ can live indefinitely without developing AIDS and can live long and full lives. - People who are HIV+ deserve to be treated with love, respect, support and acceptance as all people do. Additional information on transmission of HIV can be found on the Center for Disease Control website: http://www.cdc.gov/hiv/resources

Other Awesome Blogs

Orphan Crisis

• 147 million orphans in the world
• 50 million orphans in Africa 
• Every 14 seconds a child is orphaned by AIDS
• 16,000,000 have been orphaned by AIDS
• Every week, AIDS claims as many lives as American fatalities in the Vietnam War
• 854 million people do not have enough to eat
• Malnutrition is associated with the deaths of 5 million children under the age of five
• Every 2 seconds an orphan dies from malnutrition


Hence the title of my blog

Little Did I Know

Little did I know that the road would be so rocky
Little did I know that the trip would take so long
Little did I know that my heart could hurt so much
Little did I know that God is never wrong

Little did I know that love could be so powerful
Little did I know that a dream so far could go
Little did I know that God would place the right ones
Little did I know that my heart, so large, could grow

Little did I know that a dream has it’s own timing
Little did I know that this day would finally come
Little did I know that four souls would be sent to guide me
Little did I know that they would choose to call me mom

But God knew all along and He had a plan to follow
God knew all along that my dream would soon come true
God knew all along that we five should be together
God knew all along that I’d share it all with you