Saturday, August 25, 2012

Saturday Favorites

These first few weeks of school always kick me in the tush!  Just getting back into the routine, a new sleep schedule for our bodies, lots of paperwork for the kids in their new classes and my own work at school... it can be overwhelming! 

I'm glad to be back in the swing though and having some fun projects along the way always helps!

First (and you can click it to make it bigger remember) is a banner I made for my hallway bulletin board at school.  Going along with our Harry Potter theme this year, the banner says "Reading is Magical."  I used inexpensive canvas drop cloth to cut triangles.  After throwing them in the wash they were perfectly fringed!  I trimmed the fringe and used Tacky Glue at the top to fold over a piece of twine.  Finally, I used Crayola Fabric Crayons to write the letters! It looks great hanging in the hall over the board I'm making.  I hope to have finished pics of the whole board next Saturday!



Also for school and my window display that is a take on Honeydukes Candy Store from Harry as well, I made some Butterbeer bottles.  I started with Stewarts Root Beer that had some clear labels that were easy to remove.



I found an AMAZING and FREE printable online for new Butterbeer labels and cut them out.



I then used my homemade Mod Podge on the backs to glue the labels onto the bottles and Voila'!  They look so great!  I'll have final pictures of the window display up soon too!  I LOVE it and have already received many comments and compliments!




And, finally, a delicious trifle!  These things are so addictive!



We had friends over for lunch and play time the other day, and this was our dessert.  SO GOOD!  This one is one I made up myself and it turned out so tasty!

Ingredients:
1 large container lite cool whip
1 package white chocolate pudding mix
1 cup milk
1 package strawberries
1/3 bag chocolate chips
1 box funfetti cake mix

First make the cake according to the box directions.  While that is baking, mix the pudding with one cup milk and set aside.  Slice strawberries and set aside.  Mix the pudding mix, now slightly set, with the cool whip.  Once the cake is done and cooled, cut into one inch cubes.

Layer 1/3 of the cake (you will have some left over), then 1/2 the cream, 1/2 the strawberries, then half the chocolate chips into a trifle bowl.  Repeat and top with chocolate chips.  Refrigerate until ready to serve and enjoy!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Let's Connect!

Search This Blog

Followers

About Me

I am a single mom to four amazing kids; each of whom just happen to have been adopted. The first three were adopted through foster care, and we just completed an international adoption from Haiti. Our family has grown through adoption and I am all the more blessed to know each of my children. I worship a mighty God, teach Special Ed, love bargains, and am inspired by Pinterest... come along with us for the ride!


Olivia - 14

Olivia - 14

Braeden - 11

Braeden - 11

Liam - 9

Liam - 9

Macy - 5

Macy - 5

Check out my Teachers Pay Teachers store!

Blog Archive

What you should know about HIV

-HIV can NOT be spread through casual/household contact. HIV is not spread through hugging, kissing, shaking hands, sharing toys, sneezing, coughing, sharing food, sharing drinks, bathing, swimming or any other casual way. It has been proven that HIV and AIDS can only be spread through sexual contact, birth, breastfeeding and blood to blood contact (such as sharing needles). - HIV is now considered a chronic but manageable disease. With treatment, people who are HIV+ can live indefinitely without developing AIDS and can live long and full lives. - People who are HIV+ deserve to be treated with love, respect, support and acceptance as all people do. Additional information on transmission of HIV can be found on the Center for Disease Control website: http://www.cdc.gov/hiv/resources

Other Awesome Blogs

Orphan Crisis

• 147 million orphans in the world
• 50 million orphans in Africa 
• Every 14 seconds a child is orphaned by AIDS
• 16,000,000 have been orphaned by AIDS
• Every week, AIDS claims as many lives as American fatalities in the Vietnam War
• 854 million people do not have enough to eat
• Malnutrition is associated with the deaths of 5 million children under the age of five
• Every 2 seconds an orphan dies from malnutrition


Hence the title of my blog

Little Did I Know

Little did I know that the road would be so rocky
Little did I know that the trip would take so long
Little did I know that my heart could hurt so much
Little did I know that God is never wrong

Little did I know that love could be so powerful
Little did I know that a dream so far could go
Little did I know that God would place the right ones
Little did I know that my heart, so large, could grow

Little did I know that a dream has it’s own timing
Little did I know that this day would finally come
Little did I know that four souls would be sent to guide me
Little did I know that they would choose to call me mom

But God knew all along and He had a plan to follow
God knew all along that my dream would soon come true
God knew all along that we five should be together
God knew all along that I’d share it all with you