Wednesday, June 25, 2008

New Agency

Today my licensing worker from my new agency came to the house. I had called last week to remind her that we would be home from vacation Sunday and said that today would be a good day for her to see the house since she hadn't yet. She agreed and remembered she still hadn't sent out the reference letters to my 3 references yet. I have had to call and get the paperwork, stop by to remind her I needed to sign a release for them to get my file from my current agency, etc. I hope that this is not a sign of things to come, but just a busy licensing worker. She has been more than gracious each time I've spoken to her and has apologized up and down each time, but still...

Anyway, we agreed she would come today, but a time was never set. So, I called this morning and left her a voice mail asking what time so that I could plan our day. She called back and apologized, she had forgotten. She said she would come by at 10:30am. Her coming today was probably the biggest reason I wanted to clean and organize the past two days. I had planned on using those two days to get inside things done, working outside today with Braeden and Girlie. (My front gutter is overgrown with baby trees!!!)

It's crazy with thunderstorms today and when my licensing worker came, she walked in, sat at the table, and related how much pain she was in today. She apologized and said she wouldn't be looking around at the house, dropped off papers, and that was about it. EXCEPT - I told her what the bedroom situation was so she would know. The first thing she said was, I have four and five year old brothers who need an adoptive home. !!!!! Wow.

Sadly my first thought was, "What is 'wrong' with them?" Those ages seem young to not have a home for them as an adoptive placement. Do they have attachment issues, behaviors, etc??? But, if they are foster and not terminated, then they wouldn't have actively sought outside of their agency, I know boys are typically harder to place, and they are AA which is also harder to place a lot of times sadly. I at first thought I don't think so. I really had my heart set on another baby, but maybe this is God. As someone said in a recent post, maybe my "bandwith" needs to be expanded to meet God's plan for my life. I would definately be interested in hearing more about them and even meeting them. I talked to Braeden who of course was thrilled to think about two boys his age, but does he completely understand what it would mean in sharing his toys, room, mom, with two his age??? Probably not. It's definately a prayer request. We also don't have room in our car for two kids this age. I am wanting a new one but was looking at getting one next summer, not now, though we could. I know that if they are my children then the timing of my switch to this agency, and everything going along with this, has been orchestrated in ways I could never know and believe that it will work out perfectly. My thoughts now are with them and if we are not their forever family, I pray that they find theirs soon and get stability.

4 comments:

Rebecca said...

It may be God! The first call we received after we switched agencies was for our girls! I will pray for wisdom for you!

Emily said...

Wow I will praying, thats a big decision. I wanted babies both times we adopted and yet God sent us 1 baby, 3 toddlers and 1 older child. I have learned to expect the unexpected :)

Julie said...

Wow- This is exciting!! God is BIG- and who knows what HE is up to? I wish I did- but then again- maybe not- I am praying for the boys and for your heart. You know babies are tough on a single mom! Maybe God is protecting you?? But goodness- think of all the smelly boys! ha! WOW! I am excited for you.

Unknown said...

That is exciting! I will be praying for wisdom in it all!

Post a Comment

Let's Connect!

Search This Blog

Followers

About Me

I am a single mom to four amazing kids; each of whom just happen to have been adopted. The first three were adopted through foster care, and we just completed an international adoption from Haiti. Our family has grown through adoption and I am all the more blessed to know each of my children. I worship a mighty God, teach Special Ed, love bargains, and am inspired by Pinterest... come along with us for the ride!


Olivia - 14

Olivia - 14

Braeden - 11

Braeden - 11

Liam - 9

Liam - 9

Macy - 5

Macy - 5

Check out my Teachers Pay Teachers store!

Blog Archive

What you should know about HIV

-HIV can NOT be spread through casual/household contact. HIV is not spread through hugging, kissing, shaking hands, sharing toys, sneezing, coughing, sharing food, sharing drinks, bathing, swimming or any other casual way. It has been proven that HIV and AIDS can only be spread through sexual contact, birth, breastfeeding and blood to blood contact (such as sharing needles). - HIV is now considered a chronic but manageable disease. With treatment, people who are HIV+ can live indefinitely without developing AIDS and can live long and full lives. - People who are HIV+ deserve to be treated with love, respect, support and acceptance as all people do. Additional information on transmission of HIV can be found on the Center for Disease Control website: http://www.cdc.gov/hiv/resources

Other Awesome Blogs

Orphan Crisis

• 147 million orphans in the world
• 50 million orphans in Africa 
• Every 14 seconds a child is orphaned by AIDS
• 16,000,000 have been orphaned by AIDS
• Every week, AIDS claims as many lives as American fatalities in the Vietnam War
• 854 million people do not have enough to eat
• Malnutrition is associated with the deaths of 5 million children under the age of five
• Every 2 seconds an orphan dies from malnutrition


Hence the title of my blog

Little Did I Know

Little did I know that the road would be so rocky
Little did I know that the trip would take so long
Little did I know that my heart could hurt so much
Little did I know that God is never wrong

Little did I know that love could be so powerful
Little did I know that a dream so far could go
Little did I know that God would place the right ones
Little did I know that my heart, so large, could grow

Little did I know that a dream has it’s own timing
Little did I know that this day would finally come
Little did I know that four souls would be sent to guide me
Little did I know that they would choose to call me mom

But God knew all along and He had a plan to follow
God knew all along that my dream would soon come true
God knew all along that we five should be together
God knew all along that I’d share it all with you