Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Presents

I can't believe I forgot to post about my presents yesterday. Since we were going to be in FL over my bday, Olivia has talked and talked about going with Grandma to pick out a birthday gift for me. She has been so funny about it. And it's a nice idea, as a single mom they don't have many opportunities to get something for mom other than what they've made at school. As they get older it will be easier, but right now it's kind of hard and not something I've really even thought about, but Olivia was determined to be able to give me her own present this year. :)

She has been talking about this for quite a while, and a few weeks ago came up with a pretty good idea for a gift, without any ideas from me. At the day after Thanksgiving sale this year I had gotten the Spiderman 2 DVD for 3 or 4 dollars. Of course the kids haven't seen it yet due to the rating, but they've seen the cover and Olivia has asked about the whole "2" thing. So a couple weeks or so ago, out of the blue, she asked me if I had Spiderman 1 since she knew I had Spiderman 2. I said, no, I don't. Then about five min later, so subtle of a six year old, she said, "Mom, I have the perfect idea for when Grandma and I shop for your birthday present!" I have no idea how I figured out what she thought about giving me! :) lol But, it was a really good and thought out gift and I was so proud of her for thinking of it. I let my mom know that I thought she had an idea, if she still thought of that, and that it was fine with me and I didn't have it already. :) So, when we went to a mall the other day, Grandma and Olivia split off and found a used copy at the "record" store. :) Pretty cool! I of course gushed over it although I knew what it was, but I really was so proud of her for thinking of something that she knew I would like and didn't have. :)

Then, with Braeden, Grandma asked me the other day if I had a duster or something that Braeden had broken??? I said yes, why? She had asked Braeden if he had an idea of something to give me for my birthday. Braeden thought about it for a minute and then said he would like to give "his mommy a duster because" he broke mine. :) Too too too cute! I had had a small but telescoping duster which he loved to play with (it does make a great sword you know!) and the telescoping part broke while he was using it shortly before we left. No big deal, it was an accident, I wasn't mad, but he still thought of that as a gift for me. That just warms my heart.

What do I remember one time around their age getting for my mom as a gift??? A pink hot wheels car!!! Why? Well, because I wanted it! :) I'm so proud of my kids for thinking past themselves as I didn't. :) Yay kids!!! :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Let's Connect!

Search This Blog

Followers

About Me

I am a single mom to four amazing kids; each of whom just happen to have been adopted. The first three were adopted through foster care, and we just completed an international adoption from Haiti. Our family has grown through adoption and I am all the more blessed to know each of my children. I worship a mighty God, teach Special Ed, love bargains, and am inspired by Pinterest... come along with us for the ride!


Olivia - 14

Olivia - 14

Braeden - 11

Braeden - 11

Liam - 9

Liam - 9

Macy - 5

Macy - 5

Check out my Teachers Pay Teachers store!

Blog Archive

What you should know about HIV

-HIV can NOT be spread through casual/household contact. HIV is not spread through hugging, kissing, shaking hands, sharing toys, sneezing, coughing, sharing food, sharing drinks, bathing, swimming or any other casual way. It has been proven that HIV and AIDS can only be spread through sexual contact, birth, breastfeeding and blood to blood contact (such as sharing needles). - HIV is now considered a chronic but manageable disease. With treatment, people who are HIV+ can live indefinitely without developing AIDS and can live long and full lives. - People who are HIV+ deserve to be treated with love, respect, support and acceptance as all people do. Additional information on transmission of HIV can be found on the Center for Disease Control website: http://www.cdc.gov/hiv/resources

Other Awesome Blogs

Orphan Crisis

• 147 million orphans in the world
• 50 million orphans in Africa 
• Every 14 seconds a child is orphaned by AIDS
• 16,000,000 have been orphaned by AIDS
• Every week, AIDS claims as many lives as American fatalities in the Vietnam War
• 854 million people do not have enough to eat
• Malnutrition is associated with the deaths of 5 million children under the age of five
• Every 2 seconds an orphan dies from malnutrition


Hence the title of my blog

Little Did I Know

Little did I know that the road would be so rocky
Little did I know that the trip would take so long
Little did I know that my heart could hurt so much
Little did I know that God is never wrong

Little did I know that love could be so powerful
Little did I know that a dream so far could go
Little did I know that God would place the right ones
Little did I know that my heart, so large, could grow

Little did I know that a dream has it’s own timing
Little did I know that this day would finally come
Little did I know that four souls would be sent to guide me
Little did I know that they would choose to call me mom

But God knew all along and He had a plan to follow
God knew all along that my dream would soon come true
God knew all along that we five should be together
God knew all along that I’d share it all with you