Sunday, January 23, 2011

Happy Birthday to One Who HAS a Family

It's birthday season in our house. My boys' birthdays are 8 days apart, and just 7 days before the first is our "oldest" boys' birthday... Davids!


Can you imagine today if the past two weeks HADN'T occurred?

Can you even imagine turning 16 and DREADING it?

In America, turning 16 is cool... you are able to finally drive a car! But in Latvia, if you turn 16 and are in an orphanage with no family actively working on your adoption, then you are ALONE. You cannot be adopted. You will not have that family you've dreamed of.

I'm SO incredibly blessed to know that Davids does NOT have to go through that.


That he DOES have a family to call his own today.


And I know they will be celebrating his birth for years to come.


BUT... please remember that there are MULTITUDES of "Davids'" out there. There are children every day who "age out" of finding a family. There are CHILDREN who are sent away from orphanages to a life most likely on the street. All because a family did not come for them in time. Did you know that if ONLY 7% of Christians would adopt just ONE child, that there would be NO more orphans in the WORLD. 7%. That Blows. My. Mind.

Today I remember Davids and his heart. One of my favorite memories from our time together was my eavesdropping on a conversation between him and Liam. You can read about it HERE.

Happy Birthday Davids!

4 comments:

Mamato10 said...

The conversation between Davids and Liam made me misty! What sweet boys! Happy Birthday to Davids. So glad he can enjoy it now :)

Holly said...

Happy happy Birthday Davids! The Lord has good plans for your life!

Lora said...

Happy Birthday to Davids!

I seriously had a dream about him last night, that there were hundreds of us at the airport when he came home to his family, and how he hugged everyone and thanked them before leaving with his forever family. It was really beautiful.

That story about him and Liam made me cry!

Myra said...

WOOHOO!!! Checking in from China to also wish Davids a happy birthday!!! Thinking of him and celebrating his day!! SOOOO happy he found his family!!!!

Myra

Post a Comment

Let's Connect!

Search This Blog

Followers

About Me

I am a single mom to four amazing kids; each of whom just happen to have been adopted. The first three were adopted through foster care, and we just completed an international adoption from Haiti. Our family has grown through adoption and I am all the more blessed to know each of my children. I worship a mighty God, teach Special Ed, love bargains, and am inspired by Pinterest... come along with us for the ride!


Olivia - 14

Olivia - 14

Braeden - 11

Braeden - 11

Liam - 9

Liam - 9

Macy - 5

Macy - 5

Check out my Teachers Pay Teachers store!

Blog Archive

What you should know about HIV

-HIV can NOT be spread through casual/household contact. HIV is not spread through hugging, kissing, shaking hands, sharing toys, sneezing, coughing, sharing food, sharing drinks, bathing, swimming or any other casual way. It has been proven that HIV and AIDS can only be spread through sexual contact, birth, breastfeeding and blood to blood contact (such as sharing needles). - HIV is now considered a chronic but manageable disease. With treatment, people who are HIV+ can live indefinitely without developing AIDS and can live long and full lives. - People who are HIV+ deserve to be treated with love, respect, support and acceptance as all people do. Additional information on transmission of HIV can be found on the Center for Disease Control website: http://www.cdc.gov/hiv/resources

Other Awesome Blogs

Orphan Crisis

• 147 million orphans in the world
• 50 million orphans in Africa 
• Every 14 seconds a child is orphaned by AIDS
• 16,000,000 have been orphaned by AIDS
• Every week, AIDS claims as many lives as American fatalities in the Vietnam War
• 854 million people do not have enough to eat
• Malnutrition is associated with the deaths of 5 million children under the age of five
• Every 2 seconds an orphan dies from malnutrition


Hence the title of my blog

Little Did I Know

Little did I know that the road would be so rocky
Little did I know that the trip would take so long
Little did I know that my heart could hurt so much
Little did I know that God is never wrong

Little did I know that love could be so powerful
Little did I know that a dream so far could go
Little did I know that God would place the right ones
Little did I know that my heart, so large, could grow

Little did I know that a dream has it’s own timing
Little did I know that this day would finally come
Little did I know that four souls would be sent to guide me
Little did I know that they would choose to call me mom

But God knew all along and He had a plan to follow
God knew all along that my dream would soon come true
God knew all along that we five should be together
God knew all along that I’d share it all with you