Sunday, August 17, 2008

Wish Trip - Day Seven (Final Day) :(

Our last day was Sunday. Our plane was to leave at 5:50pm, so we had time to spare. We were to check out at 11, so we went to breakfast, played at the castle, then packed up the cars. Then we headed to Downtown Disney. I had Olivia wear her two piece suit under her clothes, and the boys wore theirs as shorts.

We ate lunch at McDonalds, shopped around, let Braeden build his own "lifesaver" (lightsaber), and then let the kids play in a water area they have. It was fun! :) The kids and I then had to say goodbye to Grandma and Grandpa which was very hard for them, but they are coming here for a week on the 29th for a surprise party for my dad's mom, so that was a consolation to them. (Still had big tears from Braeden and Olivia.) :)

We left to get to the airport by 3:30, plenty of time to return the rental car, change diapers on Liam, bathroom breaks for the rest of us, get something to eat for dinner, etc. BUT then our plane was DELAYED! We were to have a 2 hour connection in Atlanta on the way back. We ended up delayed until 7:20! This meant we once again had a 30 min connection, they were a little more cranky on this flight, mostly Liam, but he did end up sleeping the whole first flight. Braeden felt quite warm to me and I was pretty sure he had a fever! (When we got home I checked - 102!!!) No time for bathroom breaks on the connection, but the olders used the one on the plane. Braeden fell asleep on the second flight and I was completely embarrassed to see that he had SOAKED the SEAT!@! Oh my goodness! I had brought pullups for both he and Olivia, completely my fault I didn't have them put them on but I had planned to do it in Atlanta and when the connection time was cut didn't even think about doing it before our first flight. (Olivia on a side note wets the bed every night. She has ever since she came to live with me. Her previous home made a huge HORRIBLE deal out of it - she was only 3 then - and I have tried not to make it a big deal, though it's not fun.)

When we arrived at the final airport it was 10:30pm, 11:30pm Florida time. We were exhausted. I admit I didn't even think about finding a bathroom then as we saw our limo driver right away. We loaded into the limo, and the kids were on the "high" of the cool car again.


This lasted approximately 5 minutes, then they were OUT. And, once we arrived home I noticed that both Braeden AND Olivia had peed!!! I am so glad we were not on cloth seats!!! But still embarrassed. THEN, I was holding Liam who was extremely cranky from being woken and so so tired, went to climb out of the limo, in the dark, hit the curb wrong getting out, and completely twisted my ankle and fell like a rag doll! Liam rolled out of my arms and was screaming like you had killed him - he was fine, but I was not. The driver offered me his hand to help me up, but I couldn't stand. I was so embarrassed! I thought I was going to have to crawl to the house and wondered what I was going to do, but was finally able to stand and hobble up. I kept apologizing and thanking the driver for helping.

We finally made it in, changed clothes, gave Braeden Motrin, went to the bathroom, and HIT THE HAY!!!!

It was an exhausting, but wonderful and inspiring trip. I can't even find the right words to describe it.

Beyond all the things I've described, gktw also has a mini golf course we didn't get to, fishing which we had hoped to do but didn't get to, a room of movies to borrow while you're there, digital still and video cameras to borrow which they then download on a disk for you before you leave, and more. In our check out pack, we received the disk of the pictures they had taken throughout the week, some paperwork, and an amazing "passport" that is good for free admission for one year to TONS of amusement parks around the country, and some around the world!!! As long as you can get there, it's free! There are two nearby, Great America which Olivia and I did this summer so we may do next year as well, and KiddieLand which I went to when I was little, and so many more! Amazing! My only wish was that we lived closer so that we could volunteer to give some of what they have given us, back to so many others. What a beautiful experience!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Let's Connect!

Search This Blog

Followers

About Me

I am a single mom to four amazing kids; each of whom just happen to have been adopted. The first three were adopted through foster care, and we just completed an international adoption from Haiti. Our family has grown through adoption and I am all the more blessed to know each of my children. I worship a mighty God, teach Special Ed, love bargains, and am inspired by Pinterest... come along with us for the ride!


Olivia - 14

Olivia - 14

Braeden - 11

Braeden - 11

Liam - 9

Liam - 9

Macy - 5

Macy - 5

Check out my Teachers Pay Teachers store!

Blog Archive

What you should know about HIV

-HIV can NOT be spread through casual/household contact. HIV is not spread through hugging, kissing, shaking hands, sharing toys, sneezing, coughing, sharing food, sharing drinks, bathing, swimming or any other casual way. It has been proven that HIV and AIDS can only be spread through sexual contact, birth, breastfeeding and blood to blood contact (such as sharing needles). - HIV is now considered a chronic but manageable disease. With treatment, people who are HIV+ can live indefinitely without developing AIDS and can live long and full lives. - People who are HIV+ deserve to be treated with love, respect, support and acceptance as all people do. Additional information on transmission of HIV can be found on the Center for Disease Control website: http://www.cdc.gov/hiv/resources

Other Awesome Blogs

Orphan Crisis

• 147 million orphans in the world
• 50 million orphans in Africa 
• Every 14 seconds a child is orphaned by AIDS
• 16,000,000 have been orphaned by AIDS
• Every week, AIDS claims as many lives as American fatalities in the Vietnam War
• 854 million people do not have enough to eat
• Malnutrition is associated with the deaths of 5 million children under the age of five
• Every 2 seconds an orphan dies from malnutrition


Hence the title of my blog

Little Did I Know

Little did I know that the road would be so rocky
Little did I know that the trip would take so long
Little did I know that my heart could hurt so much
Little did I know that God is never wrong

Little did I know that love could be so powerful
Little did I know that a dream so far could go
Little did I know that God would place the right ones
Little did I know that my heart, so large, could grow

Little did I know that a dream has it’s own timing
Little did I know that this day would finally come
Little did I know that four souls would be sent to guide me
Little did I know that they would choose to call me mom

But God knew all along and He had a plan to follow
God knew all along that my dream would soon come true
God knew all along that we five should be together
God knew all along that I’d share it all with you