Friday, September 09, 2011

The Crazy

It's that time of year again.

Nope, I don't mean Christmas shopping, though mine is almost DONE! :) I mean school crazy.

The first couple weeks of school are always a bit crazy. Trying to get back into the swing of the routine again. Trying to find that balance between work, and kids, and mom. Trying (the kids) to balance play and school and homework and sleep. We have had a few CRAZY weeks. Just non-stop, no time to even sit still for 2 minutes, crazy.

Starting from having a wedding shower for my cousin out of town the day before school began, school beginning, soccer practices for two, soccer games, visits with friends, etc. Just non-stop. Good, but non-stop.

Braeden is doing great. He is not perfect, nor do I expect that, but he is doing so well. I'm SO very proud of him! With the exception of those couple rough days at the start, he has earned stickers and puzzle pieces every day. I'll take it! And I talk to God all the time about how great I think Braeden's doing and asking Him to continue to help him learn how to balance and cope and process his emotions.

Olivia's struggling. She does every year, usually both at the end of the school year and the beginning. Transitions like that are hard on her and this one has been no exception. She was used to going to bed later and sleeping in. Sleep, if not given enough, affects her so very negatively, and we've felt the brunt somewhat. I pulled her bedtime back and we are making our way through, with a light shining at the end of the tunnel not far ahead. But she's loving fifth grade and already looking forward to middle school and getting involved in track.

And Liam's teacher wants to meet with me. :) I'm pretty sure it's because he is definitely behind in many areas. I wanted so badly to touch bas e and tell her so much prior to school beginning, but know that that wasn't the right time, so we're working on coordinating a time to get together. He's doing well though and seems to enjoy kindergarten tremendously.

For myself, it's been a whirlwind. At work/school we began a new block schedule this year which is great, but also makes it so I rarely sit down, for now anyway. But the class is doing great, our new students are starting to exert some independence which I work hard for, and our former students are just growing more and more.

Since we were all so crazy lately, when I received an email at the end of summer regarding a new Disney on Ice show coming our way, I messaged a friend and we decided to get tickets to take her three and my three, and last night was our night. It was so fun! Very cool too because it showcased "older" Disney shows which are ones we LOVE...

The Lion King (missed pics of the characters)


The Little Mermaid





Lilo and Stitch


And Peter Pan




Liam was mesmerized because he's already requested to be Captain Hook for Halloween!




It was loads of fun and a great distraction from our busy life of late!

The next days will be similar as we are headed to Six Flags with good friends tomorrow, then overnight in a hotel, and then a baby shower out of town for another cousin on Sunday. We most likely won't return home until at least 8 if not later, sleeping and readying to start back to the "grind."

Then Monday Olivia has a Chicago Dr. appt, she begins dance up again that night at 4, Liam has soccer practice at 5, Tuesday is school and Olivia's and my school's back to school night. Wednesday is our first half day/inservice day, Thursday some other women from church and I are beginning a small group, and Friday I take Olivia and Liam both to Chicago for appts. Oh my! You know I'll be praying for patience, direction, and SO much help!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Let's Connect!

Search This Blog

Followers

About Me

I am a single mom to four amazing kids; each of whom just happen to have been adopted. The first three were adopted through foster care, and we just completed an international adoption from Haiti. Our family has grown through adoption and I am all the more blessed to know each of my children. I worship a mighty God, teach Special Ed, love bargains, and am inspired by Pinterest... come along with us for the ride!


Olivia - 14

Olivia - 14

Braeden - 11

Braeden - 11

Liam - 9

Liam - 9

Macy - 5

Macy - 5

Check out my Teachers Pay Teachers store!

Blog Archive

What you should know about HIV

-HIV can NOT be spread through casual/household contact. HIV is not spread through hugging, kissing, shaking hands, sharing toys, sneezing, coughing, sharing food, sharing drinks, bathing, swimming or any other casual way. It has been proven that HIV and AIDS can only be spread through sexual contact, birth, breastfeeding and blood to blood contact (such as sharing needles). - HIV is now considered a chronic but manageable disease. With treatment, people who are HIV+ can live indefinitely without developing AIDS and can live long and full lives. - People who are HIV+ deserve to be treated with love, respect, support and acceptance as all people do. Additional information on transmission of HIV can be found on the Center for Disease Control website: http://www.cdc.gov/hiv/resources

Other Awesome Blogs

Orphan Crisis

• 147 million orphans in the world
• 50 million orphans in Africa 
• Every 14 seconds a child is orphaned by AIDS
• 16,000,000 have been orphaned by AIDS
• Every week, AIDS claims as many lives as American fatalities in the Vietnam War
• 854 million people do not have enough to eat
• Malnutrition is associated with the deaths of 5 million children under the age of five
• Every 2 seconds an orphan dies from malnutrition


Hence the title of my blog

Little Did I Know

Little did I know that the road would be so rocky
Little did I know that the trip would take so long
Little did I know that my heart could hurt so much
Little did I know that God is never wrong

Little did I know that love could be so powerful
Little did I know that a dream so far could go
Little did I know that God would place the right ones
Little did I know that my heart, so large, could grow

Little did I know that a dream has it’s own timing
Little did I know that this day would finally come
Little did I know that four souls would be sent to guide me
Little did I know that they would choose to call me mom

But God knew all along and He had a plan to follow
God knew all along that my dream would soon come true
God knew all along that we five should be together
God knew all along that I’d share it all with you