Sunday, November 09, 2008

Something New

I found some great deals Friday when Olivia and I went to the thrift store! I have used these often to supply the majority of the kids' wardrobes, and sometimes my own! It's become a great way to get name brand clothes which I have found tend to last longer and I like the look of them, at a great price. I've even found brand new items with the tags still on!

So, I thought I'd do something a little different, after becoming inspired from some other blogs.

Welcome to my first ever giveaway!!!

It will work like this: I will show you pictures and describe what I bought, you make a guess as to how much I spent on the things I purchased, and the closest estimate will result in a $5 Starbucks card!!! Sound good??? :) Let's get started...


First was three movies. Two National Geographic animal videos for my class. And one Higgly Town Heroes movie for home.

Next, pajamas for each of the kids! A satiny set for Olivia with reindeer and little Christmas trees. Footy pjs for Braeden with polar bears in size 4/5. And an adorable set from Carter's for Liam in size 2T that are striped in blue and are the lowest pile fleece I've ever seen - so soft!!

Next, a Columbia 2T winter coat for Liam and a pair of black Old Navy snowpants also 2T.

A great size 9 (for in a couple years) Gymboree dress for Olivia and size 9 Gymboree cropped knit pants.


Then, a pair of size 5 brown Gymboree pants for Braeden. A like new Gap 2T spring jacket in a patchwork plaid (love it!) for Liam. And a Gymboree baby blanket with a horse on one side and horseshoes on the other (for that next little boy placement!).

Next, a solid pair of black pants size 6x and a red shirt by Children's Place, size 10, which Olivia needs for her Christmas program.

A like new pair of Champion shoes in a size 8 for when Liam gets just a little bigger.

And finally three things that I don't need, but that I will be taking to my local consignment store and/or listing on eBay. A 2t adorable denim jacket by Old Navy. A size 3 Gymboree holiday dress. And a pair of 0-3 months Gymboree overalls.
All so cute!!! And in great condition!
Ok, so now it's your turn! How much, tax included and remember this is Chicago!, did I pay for the lot??? You will have until 11:59pm (central time) on Tuesday November 11 to leave a message on this post with your guess! The winner will be announced on Wednesday evening. You're shooting for a $5 Starbucks gift card. Could be for yourself, could be a Christmas gift!? :) Good luck!

9 comments:

$36.50.

Just a random guess from a lurker to get you started.

Sarah Abrahams

GRRRRR. I needed those overalls for Mack when he was that age. I have the long sleeve shirt and matching socks but could never find the overalls. I got them new off Ebay but the pants that were sent with them weren't from the same collection. Too funny!

Mom said...

Another devoted reader and I guess $41.99. Yes, completely random. By the way, I think that Higgly Town Heroes Video was one I got as a freebie from Disney when I was teaching. :-) We still have it, it is too cute.

Emily said...

I would guess 13.50 :)

Jennifer said...

I guess 43.00. Shoes and jackets are more expensive. I guess everything else around $2 each. I am another Thrift Store maniac. I love all the Gymboree, Gap, Children's Place, and Old Navy I find for $1.99!!!
You got some great buys!
Jenny

I feel like I am on the price is right...$48.50.

Shea said...

$13.72. You found some great deals!!!! I too have been in very risky places to find good deals! I am a bargain queen.

Unknown said...

Hmmm...I would say around 17.80

$49.76

:) By the way, totally cute stuff. Makes me want to go raid a thrift store!

Sara

Post a Comment

Let's Connect!

Search This Blog

Followers

About Me

I am a single mom to four amazing kids; each of whom just happen to have been adopted. The first three were adopted through foster care, and we just completed an international adoption from Haiti. Our family has grown through adoption and I am all the more blessed to know each of my children. I worship a mighty God, teach Special Ed, love bargains, and am inspired by Pinterest... come along with us for the ride!


Olivia - 14

Olivia - 14

Braeden - 11

Braeden - 11

Liam - 9

Liam - 9

Macy - 5

Macy - 5

Check out my Teachers Pay Teachers store!

Blog Archive

What you should know about HIV

-HIV can NOT be spread through casual/household contact. HIV is not spread through hugging, kissing, shaking hands, sharing toys, sneezing, coughing, sharing food, sharing drinks, bathing, swimming or any other casual way. It has been proven that HIV and AIDS can only be spread through sexual contact, birth, breastfeeding and blood to blood contact (such as sharing needles). - HIV is now considered a chronic but manageable disease. With treatment, people who are HIV+ can live indefinitely without developing AIDS and can live long and full lives. - People who are HIV+ deserve to be treated with love, respect, support and acceptance as all people do. Additional information on transmission of HIV can be found on the Center for Disease Control website: http://www.cdc.gov/hiv/resources

Other Awesome Blogs

Orphan Crisis

• 147 million orphans in the world
• 50 million orphans in Africa 
• Every 14 seconds a child is orphaned by AIDS
• 16,000,000 have been orphaned by AIDS
• Every week, AIDS claims as many lives as American fatalities in the Vietnam War
• 854 million people do not have enough to eat
• Malnutrition is associated with the deaths of 5 million children under the age of five
• Every 2 seconds an orphan dies from malnutrition


Hence the title of my blog

Little Did I Know

Little did I know that the road would be so rocky
Little did I know that the trip would take so long
Little did I know that my heart could hurt so much
Little did I know that God is never wrong

Little did I know that love could be so powerful
Little did I know that a dream so far could go
Little did I know that God would place the right ones
Little did I know that my heart, so large, could grow

Little did I know that a dream has it’s own timing
Little did I know that this day would finally come
Little did I know that four souls would be sent to guide me
Little did I know that they would choose to call me mom

But God knew all along and He had a plan to follow
God knew all along that my dream would soon come true
God knew all along that we five should be together
God knew all along that I’d share it all with you