Sunday, May 06, 2012

Teacher Appreciation Week

This week is teacher appreciation week in our district.

And thanks once again to Pinterest I saw some great and inexpensive ideas to make for the numerous, wonderful souls who help inspire and love on my children.

First for the 1 teacher Liam is mainstreamed to, the 4 assistants who work with Liam, the 1 teacher who helps Braeden when he is on task and doing great, and the 3 drivers who work on the buses driving my boys to and from school, I made these M & M gifts.

The tag says "Thanks for being a Marvelous & Magnificent (teacher/bus driver/etc)"


And second, for the four amazing teachers who teach my three (Liam sees a different teacher in the morning and afternoon), I made these cute summer countdown clipboards.


The clipboards were super cheap, about $3 each, to make, but such a great idea! I'm a little bit in love with them! Thinking I might make one for us at home next year!

If you'd like to make one yourself, here are the directions...

Materials:
Basic, pressed board clipboard
Acrylic paint in any color
Modge podge
Stickers or vinyl letters
Printed numbers (I actually printed just the outline of the rectangle and then cricut cut the numbers from scrapbook paper and glued them on since I had eight sets of 0-9 to make)

First paint the clipboard with acrylic (your basic $.59 cent craft bottle - I already had these from an old project.)  I used three coats on each, but could have maybe used a fourth on the yellow and green.  I had seen clipboards not long ago at Dol*lar Tree but of course they were out when I went to get them, so I ended up finding two packs for $3.88 at Wal*Mart.

Place stickers or vinyl letters on the bottom.  I got the bigger stickers at Wal*Mart and needed two sheets.  The small stickers were ones I already had.

Modge Podge over the top of everything to give some sealant and a little shine.  (I had this already from previous projects.)

I then printed the rectangles for the numbers from HERE, I downloaded this and then "erased" the numbers using photo*shop elements so that I could paste in my own numbers, but so the rectangles would have a little more of a "finished" look.  Since I made eight sets of 0-9 I didn't want to use all of that ink printing them all out, and was excited about the look colorful scrapbook letters would have.  If you want to print the numbers you can find the links to each set HERE.

Afrter printing, I cut out the rectangles and then glued down the numbers.  I then clipped the numbers 0-9 on each side and Voila' - done!  And I LOVE them!

The kids are thrilled to give these out tomorrow and I think the teachers will like them too! :)

1 comments:

Barb said...

So cute! I need to get better at doing the things I Pin on pinterest!

Post a Comment

Let's Connect!

Search This Blog

Followers

About Me

I am a single mom to four amazing kids; each of whom just happen to have been adopted. The first three were adopted through foster care, and we just completed an international adoption from Haiti. Our family has grown through adoption and I am all the more blessed to know each of my children. I worship a mighty God, teach Special Ed, love bargains, and am inspired by Pinterest... come along with us for the ride!


Olivia - 14

Olivia - 14

Braeden - 11

Braeden - 11

Liam - 9

Liam - 9

Macy - 5

Macy - 5

Check out my Teachers Pay Teachers store!

Blog Archive

What you should know about HIV

-HIV can NOT be spread through casual/household contact. HIV is not spread through hugging, kissing, shaking hands, sharing toys, sneezing, coughing, sharing food, sharing drinks, bathing, swimming or any other casual way. It has been proven that HIV and AIDS can only be spread through sexual contact, birth, breastfeeding and blood to blood contact (such as sharing needles). - HIV is now considered a chronic but manageable disease. With treatment, people who are HIV+ can live indefinitely without developing AIDS and can live long and full lives. - People who are HIV+ deserve to be treated with love, respect, support and acceptance as all people do. Additional information on transmission of HIV can be found on the Center for Disease Control website: http://www.cdc.gov/hiv/resources

Other Awesome Blogs

Orphan Crisis

• 147 million orphans in the world
• 50 million orphans in Africa 
• Every 14 seconds a child is orphaned by AIDS
• 16,000,000 have been orphaned by AIDS
• Every week, AIDS claims as many lives as American fatalities in the Vietnam War
• 854 million people do not have enough to eat
• Malnutrition is associated with the deaths of 5 million children under the age of five
• Every 2 seconds an orphan dies from malnutrition


Hence the title of my blog

Little Did I Know

Little did I know that the road would be so rocky
Little did I know that the trip would take so long
Little did I know that my heart could hurt so much
Little did I know that God is never wrong

Little did I know that love could be so powerful
Little did I know that a dream so far could go
Little did I know that God would place the right ones
Little did I know that my heart, so large, could grow

Little did I know that a dream has it’s own timing
Little did I know that this day would finally come
Little did I know that four souls would be sent to guide me
Little did I know that they would choose to call me mom

But God knew all along and He had a plan to follow
God knew all along that my dream would soon come true
God knew all along that we five should be together
God knew all along that I’d share it all with you