Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Vacation Ramblings

Now that you've seen some of the pictures from our Easter vacation, perhaps you'd like a little dialog about them! :)

We had a great time. Mostly we played outside, relaxed, and just hung out together. We arrived Thursday evening, unpacked, and got acquainted with our new abode. Each of the kids picked their own bedroom. We stayed up late and watched tv together before bed.

On Friday we played outside, bought some towels which weren't provided, and saw the new Hannah Montana movie. The kids loved it (OK, I did too!). That night we had a bonfire and cooked hot dogs and smores, their first time ever! I think they loved the idea of it more than the actual event. :) They loved the hot dogs, but only Olivia liked the smores. Cracked me up! We don't eat a lot of junk food like this, but as it was vacation and their first time, I had bought LOTS of graham crackers, marshmellows, and Hershey bars! The boys took only a tiny bite each and were done. Luckily Olivia did eat a couple! :) At one point I felt my arm getting hot and couldn't believe it when I shook my sleeve and an ember fell out revealing a hole that had been burnt through!!! AND IT WAS MY AHOPE SWEATSHIRT!!!! :( No fear, I'll still wear it with pride! :)

Saturday we just spent the whole day playing outside, coloring Easter eggs, going for a walk, playing inside, and seeing the creek - where Braeden slipped and fell, getting covered with mud on his backside (I thought for sure those clothes were done for, but they completely came clean!). (He did NOT want me to take a picture, but I HAVE to blog about it, right!?) :) I packed only play clothes for them, and had actually planned on letting them play IN the creek, but it was still pretty chilly for that.


The cottage had many many lady bugs near the windows. Inside. Luckily they didn't bother me, and Braeden had some new found playmates. He loved them! I had gotten each of the kids a bug box/jar for our trip and his was kept full each day. :)

Sunday was Easter!!! We talked about the holiday and why we celebrate it, and of course the Easter bunny had hid the eggs we colored (as much as you can hide them in a small cottage), and each of their Easter baskets. The baskets I've purchased on clearance after the holiday a few years ago and we use them each year. We set them out empty and during the night they are filled and hidden. I had TONS of stuff in the "Put it away for future gifts" box in my storage area, so chose things out of there to fill the baskets and purchased only a little candy to add to it.

After opening the baskets and seeing what was there, I started getting breakfast ready. I took out the bread, and there was a hole. A hole that hadn't been there the day before. A hole that looked like something was hungry during the night, and I don't mean my kids. Not two minutes later Olivia yells from her room where she's getting dressed: "MOM, either a huge black bug or a rat just ran under the bed!!!" Oh. My. Goodness. Of course it was now not there, not that I checked, but Olivia looked a little later. But I just could NOT wrap my mind around staying two more days. I began packing our things. :)

After a morning of packing and watching some tv while we ate breakfast, we headed out to eat lunch and go to another movie! We love movies! And there usually aren't many kid ones available. This time we saw Monsters Vs Aliens (2D not 3D). It was cute, the kids of course loved it. :) We went home from there, cutting our trip short, but it was still very fun! We had a wonderful time together and our spring break was still continuing.

This week I am getting a lot done around the house, doing some shopping, and some yard work, and tomorrow night Olivia, Braeden, and I get to go to see Mary Poppins in Chicago!!! Fifth row!!! I CAN'T WAIT! :) The week is flying by, but it's been very fun!

1 comments:

Oh, what fun!!! I love to read about your vacations with the kids. But, OH, the rat!!! NASTY!!! I would have been out of there in a heartbeat, too! :) We saw Monsters vs. Aliens in 3D. The kids loved it! :)

Sara

Post a Comment

Let's Connect!

Search This Blog

Followers

About Me

I am a single mom to four amazing kids; each of whom just happen to have been adopted. The first three were adopted through foster care, and we just completed an international adoption from Haiti. Our family has grown through adoption and I am all the more blessed to know each of my children. I worship a mighty God, teach Special Ed, love bargains, and am inspired by Pinterest... come along with us for the ride!


Olivia - 14

Olivia - 14

Braeden - 11

Braeden - 11

Liam - 9

Liam - 9

Macy - 5

Macy - 5

Check out my Teachers Pay Teachers store!

Blog Archive

What you should know about HIV

-HIV can NOT be spread through casual/household contact. HIV is not spread through hugging, kissing, shaking hands, sharing toys, sneezing, coughing, sharing food, sharing drinks, bathing, swimming or any other casual way. It has been proven that HIV and AIDS can only be spread through sexual contact, birth, breastfeeding and blood to blood contact (such as sharing needles). - HIV is now considered a chronic but manageable disease. With treatment, people who are HIV+ can live indefinitely without developing AIDS and can live long and full lives. - People who are HIV+ deserve to be treated with love, respect, support and acceptance as all people do. Additional information on transmission of HIV can be found on the Center for Disease Control website: http://www.cdc.gov/hiv/resources

Other Awesome Blogs

Orphan Crisis

• 147 million orphans in the world
• 50 million orphans in Africa 
• Every 14 seconds a child is orphaned by AIDS
• 16,000,000 have been orphaned by AIDS
• Every week, AIDS claims as many lives as American fatalities in the Vietnam War
• 854 million people do not have enough to eat
• Malnutrition is associated with the deaths of 5 million children under the age of five
• Every 2 seconds an orphan dies from malnutrition


Hence the title of my blog

Little Did I Know

Little did I know that the road would be so rocky
Little did I know that the trip would take so long
Little did I know that my heart could hurt so much
Little did I know that God is never wrong

Little did I know that love could be so powerful
Little did I know that a dream so far could go
Little did I know that God would place the right ones
Little did I know that my heart, so large, could grow

Little did I know that a dream has it’s own timing
Little did I know that this day would finally come
Little did I know that four souls would be sent to guide me
Little did I know that they would choose to call me mom

But God knew all along and He had a plan to follow
God knew all along that my dream would soon come true
God knew all along that we five should be together
God knew all along that I’d share it all with you